Author Topic: Season 7 Planning - Locked Used for Info only  (Read 8495 times)

Offline devn00b

• Developer
  • Forum PVP Rep: +2020/-0
  • You don't like it? Too bad.
  • In Game: : devn00b
Re: Season 7 Planning
« Reply #220 on: June 05, 2019, 03:01:23 pm »
-- Reduced the regen on several NToV dragons.

Offline eqpvpacct2

• Forum PVP Rep: +0/-0
  • In Game: : Ned
« Reply #221 on: June 07, 2019, 11:49:18 am »
Hmm, is the dungeon oogly drops and left nut quest in? Tbh ooglies usable at 40 sounds pretty fun. 

Offline devn00b

• Developer
« Reply #222 on: June 07, 2019, 12:17:00 pm »
Hmm, is the dungeon oogly drops and left nut quest in? Tbh ooglies usable at 40 sounds pretty fun.

The left nut is dropped only...

Ooglies are raid drop only atm.

Soon(TM) I was going to add 3 (maybe 4) really really (once every day, maybe every 2) rare mob to a few spots that will drop ooglies (quite a few to offset the low spawn rate). I just haven't decided where and how hard the mobs will be.

I am leaning towards making them basically group content... An easy mob surrounded by a couple of easy mobs...I also want to make them available early on so players can bank them till needed, and give time for them to get out to the player base. I was thinking of mid-level areas for the mob. Guktop, SolA, Nkarana, Rathe Mtn are all options.

//edit: since it was on my mind I started work on the spawn(s). Each one is going to be a bit different. The 1st one I'm working on Dual wields, quads, flurries, and summons. uses 1hs. Next one will drop fury and have rampage. These NPCs, while they might hit hard etc, will have rather low HP, and Resistances to offset.

//edit2: Also, I want to clarify these oogly drops ARE NOT going to use the system that checks if you have one already. These are totally random using the quest system. It will random all the ooglies pulls one to add, does it again, and again, and again until it reaches 4 items. So you might get 4x of one oogly, or no useable ooglies for your group. I'm doing this because it offers a chance to give loot to players that weren't in the raid, or alts who need it, but you didn't box. You get 2x drops each time, with it doing 2 randoms for the last 2 chances. So you get 2, it randoms, if you rolled > 50, you get a 3rd oogly, it rolls again, if you rolled > 50 you get a 4th oogly. This will give a bit of variability to it.

//edit3: Ok one of them is spawned (using it as a test) she is in rathemtn nearish the ogre camp. She shouts on spawn. Currently has like a 3 min respawn or something. Again this is for testing and will get adjusted upward once I know its working as intended. If you wanna test her for me let me know how hard she is. I'll also check the logs and see what needs tweaking and then will be able to adjust the other mobs accordingly.

Offline eqpvpacct2

« Reply #223 on: June 07, 2019, 04:40:38 pm »
Not sure what the repop time is but will check on it in a bit, killed it once.

Offline eqpvpacct2

« Reply #224 on: June 07, 2019, 10:23:13 pm »
IMO add to vendor too, 1k pts. Reason being need things to PK for, plus... RNG can be pretty bad + competition, might end up having bad luck and need to buy it,

Offline devn00b

• Developer
« Reply #225 on: June 11, 2019, 05:17:59 pm »
-- Added another mob, Wanders around in South Karana.

Offline devn00b

• Developer
« Reply #226 on: June 13, 2019, 01:05:49 pm »
-- 2nd to last of these mobs is placed, a mage, in unrest.
-- Last npc, a necro, is placed in befallen.

//edit:

Each NPC will shout when they spawn, 15mins after they spawn, and then a random time (chosen in seconds) from 16mins up to 2hrs. These shouts will be server-wide.

The necro and the mage have a variance equal to their spawn time, so you can get a REALLY long spawn (6days) or a really short one (instant).

This should give smaller grouped players a chance to snipe a spawn before anyone else goes for it.

Offline eqpvpacct2

« Reply #227 on: June 14, 2019, 10:44:14 am »
Nice.. Any chance you can implement a sort of an epic-quest for an upgraded manastone? Maybe visit a bunch of NPCs all over the world and just hail them for a token, maybe combine them in a box, 16 tokens 16 npcs, 4 boxes, 4 final turn in items. The reward could maybe be the right nut.

Offline devn00b

• Developer
« Reply #228 on: June 14, 2019, 12:38:59 pm »
Nice.. Any chance you can implement a sort of an epic-quest for an upgraded manastone? Maybe visit a bunch of NPCs all over the world and just hail them for a token, maybe combine them in a box, 16 tokens 16 npcs, 4 boxes, 4 final turn in items. The reward could maybe be the right nut.

Manastone quest was next on my list. We'll see what we come up with. I do sorta like the idea of a "world" travel sorta thing. Visit a crap ton of zones, killing or hailing a mob in the zone, hmm..the possibilities.

Offline devn00b

• Developer
« Reply #229 on: June 14, 2019, 05:16:50 pm »
Completed

Offline zek1

• In Game: : Zek
« Reply #230 on: June 15, 2019, 11:37:09 am »
I like this.. especially after thinking about the PVP in Rathe Mountains in Season 6. Its also often a popular place for guild camps which could be very interesting if more than one guild make their home there.

Offline devn00b

• Developer
« Reply #231 on: June 19, 2019, 11:41:54 am »
-- Corrected respawn time on all the Oogly Bitches (drops oogly earrings).
-- Updated spell sets on all the Oogly Bitches they now dispell pets. This is done to increase difficulty slightly.
-- All Oogly Bitches have a respawn timer and variance that are the same. You can then have instant repops.

Offline devn00b

• Developer
« Reply #232 on: June 19, 2019, 02:23:23 pm »
Beta manastone upgrade quest is in. It's in rough shape atm (items arent no-trade atm, and there might be some textual errors).

The quest starts in EC From "Manastone Exchange" This consists of 5 steps

Step 1: Bring me tokens from the following NPCs: Emperor Crush, D'vinn, Master Brewer, Lord Elgnub. You must bring me the token of truth #1-4

Step 2: Bring me tokens from the following NPCs: Najena, Drelzna, Garanel Rucksif, Torklar Battlemaster. You must bring me the token of truth #5-8

Step 3: Bring me tokens from the following NPCs: Ancient Croc, Tempus, Princess Lenia, Mistress Anna. You must bring me the token of truth #9-12

Step 4: Bring me tokens from the following NPCs: Raster of Guk, Froglok King, Guano Harvester, Efreeti Lord Djarn. You must bring me the token of truth #13-16

Step 5: Once completed with step 1-4 Turn in your manastone + The token given once 1-4 are done to A Shady Genkai and he will give you your new upgraded manastone.

//edit: All drops are now in place. Handled by quest files (permits changing how many drop and how often while the server is up). 2 Drops per kill.

Offline eqpvpacct2

« Reply #233 on: June 19, 2019, 04:20:30 pm »
Haha. nice

Offline devn00b

• Developer
« Reply #234 on: June 20, 2019, 12:10:40 pm »
Things are starting to feel completeish feature wise. Really just need peeps to test actual pvp, and leveling to make sure things go smooth and there are no huge bugs. Depending on how much testing gets done, I'll start thinking about a launch date.

Offline devn00b

• Developer
« Reply #235 on: June 21, 2019, 03:38:52 pm »
-- Updated the spirit of the wolf the server uses for the bonus effect to be castable inside. This should prevent the spam from not being useable indoors.

Offline devn00b

• Developer
« Reply #236 on: June 25, 2019, 11:49:12 am »
-- Moved Single Penetration From SK to EK.

Offline devn00b

• Developer
« Reply #237 on: June 25, 2019, 04:58:37 pm »
-- Added a quest in Oasis to give out exp pots. Collect 4 tickets in oasis get 1 of the 2 low-end pots. if you roll a 0 you get both.
There is a high chance to get nothing.

Offline devn00b

• Developer
« Reply #238 on: June 28, 2019, 12:39:38 pm »
One thing that several people every season have requested is the ability to port w/o people seeing where they are going.

I've given this quite a bit of thought on how to handle this and I decided the easiest way to go was to do the following:

Leave the existing port code alone. So we have a standard way of doing it via hails.
Turn the NPC into a merchant. This merchant will sell items at 0 cost.
Create 2 items per port offered, clearly named so people know they are getting Group or Single port.

This will permit players to then buy the correct port hand it in, and get ported w/o anyone knowing where they are going just by sitting nearby.

//edit:

This change is now 90% complete and is live now. You can buy portal tickets right from her. They come in a group or single port verity. There currently are no level checks, I have yet to add them, but since it needs some testing anyway I went ahead and put it live. Let me know if you run into any weirdness.

Offline devn00b

• Developer
« Reply #239 on: July 03, 2019, 07:59:44 pm »
-- Added level 55 spell merchant (Skelly Man) to Oasis merchant camp area.

//edit: Added 51-55 merchants now 'round the campfire.