Register

Season 7 Beta in Progress.

Zek an EQ PVP Server

Author Topic: RoZ Corruption  (Read 1275 times)

Offline mansSZ

• Forum PVP Rep: +0/-0
  • In Game: : Manzy
RoZ Corruption
« on: December 15, 2018, 12:14:47 am »
Recently I had been playing Rise of Zek with the infamous Grokmol. We quickly ascended to the #1 and #2 positions on the leader board. However, we seemed to have drawn some attention from a very odd fellow known as Jeremy.

Apparently, Jeremy is a former GM from blue99 who was enlisted as a GM on Rise of Zek.  Here, Jeremy is on his in-game character named Pink.  Here's a preview of how Jeremy interacts with players and how shamefully he conducts himself as a GM.

Offline image

• Retired Developer
  • Forum PVP Rep: +2026/-0
Re: RoZ Corruption
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 06:38:20 am »
DID YOU KNOW? Holding the Alt key while pressing print screen only screenshots the currently focused window! ZOMG! :P

Offline zek1

• In Game: : Zek
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 07:17:26 am »
I did not, but for those interested in reading the text in the screenshot, they can magnify it by clicking on the image twice.

Offline Zlain Fury

• In Game: : Zlain
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 12:31:40 pm »
Didn't read but couldnt happen to a nicer guy. Hope you log in one day naked in the cat room.

Yeah I havent posted in forever but couldnt resist a shot at grokthir. Haha

Offline mansSZ

• In Game: : Manzy
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 04:07:17 am »
It seems that RoZ may actually approach EOL much sooner than expected.

Currently the code there is in absolute shambles. They still cannot figure out how to code anti-plug, despite it being one of the selling points along with the outrageous claim of having "world class coders" involved in the project. Which hardly matters now that their server pop is in total free fall due to GM corruption scandals. Most laughable is the fact that nearly every single mob's pathing in every zone is totally borked, taking bizarre routes, falling under world and going MIA. They can literally get frozen in geography, trees, or other mobs.  Yet it has been going on for two weeks.

I think RoZ was a scam all a long, but it certainly deepens one's appreciation for our developers here at EQPVP.

Offline image

• Retired Developer
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 02:43:29 pm »
In eqemu it seems pvp players always want to try the new thing no matter who hosts, so this just feels like another one of those cycles to me.  As far as features they are lacking yea they wanted to just get the feature set from us, such as anti-plug (lol guess they haven’t figured out anti screen dragging either).. lot easier to just copy and paste someone else’s code, but eventually the flaws come out.

Offline RETTI

• Forum PVP Rep: +0/-65535
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 03:45:54 pm »
Lol

Offline Ebolachan

• In Game: : Ebolachan
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 07:50:54 am »
Hopefully by the time S7 comes out people will have left RoZ and will be ready to come back here.

Offline Renly

• In Game: : Mountain
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2019, 10:56:22 am »
In eqemu it seems pvp players always want to try the new thing no matter who hosts, so this just feels like another one of those cycles to me.  As far as features they are lacking yea they wanted to just get the feature set from us, such as anti-plug (lol guess they haven’t figured out anti screen dragging either).. lot easier to just copy and paste someone else’s code, but eventually the flaws come out.

I thought you were retired from the autist daycare business.

Offline image

• Retired Developer
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2019, 01:33:36 pm »

I thought you were retired from the autist daycare business.

I am, doesn't mean I can't comment freely when I want though.

Offline devn00b

• Developer
  • Forum PVP Rep: +2020/-0
  • You don't like it? Too bad.
  • In Game: : devn00b
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2019, 03:30:37 pm »
Let's be honest here. Nothing image said is incorrect. You attempted to copy our feature list (not a bad thing so let's be clear here), but you couldn't pull it off.

You called in secrets for help (Secrets you know I respect you quite a bit so not an attack here even if it seems like one.), however, his track record at sticking with any project is abysmal. And even with his help, your "feature" list is just a wish list of stuff you wanted to have. You can try and spin that any way you like but that's the truth.

I might be a pothead, I might be an asshole but at least I am not a liar to my players. I don't put up "wish lists" of features I post actual feature sets. I don't go and try and poach other devs from other servers while claiming to be some morally superior person. I don't walk around flaunting what $ I have, saying shit like 75% of the internet runs my code.

I don't visit your server, I don't post on your forums stupid shit. I ask that if you are gonna be here be respectful. Calling my player base (or myself) autists is not acceptable.

Offline Ebolachan

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2019, 06:27:59 am »
These servers always seem to ebb and flow like the tide. One day you have someone making a "new" server which everybody jumps to, only to have it wash away months later because everything is broken. This is the problem with the EQEMU community. Other than Blue, and especially for pvp servers, people just jump around thinking they will have the server to rule them all. Fact is this is one of, if not the most stable servers with all the kinks worked out. If people would just stop being dicks to one another in game I think we could see longevity.

Offline Renly

• In Game: : Mountain
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2019, 10:17:22 am »
Let's be honest here. Nothing image said is incorrect. You attempted to copy our feature list (not a bad thing so let's be clear here), but you couldn't pull it off.

You called in secrets for help (Secrets you know I respect you quite a bit so not an attack here even if it seems like one.), however, his track record at sticking with any project is abysmal. And even with his help, your "feature" list is just a wish list of stuff you wanted to have. You can try and spin that any way you like but that's the truth.

I might be a pothead, I might be an asshole but at least I am not a liar to my players. I don't put up "wish lists" of features I post actual feature sets. I don't go and try and poach other devs from other servers while claiming to be some morally superior person. I don't walk around flaunting what $ I have, saying shit like 75% of the internet runs my code.

I don't visit your server, I don't post on your forums stupid shit. I ask that if you are gonna be here be respectful. Calling my player base (or myself) autists is not acceptable.

Anti-plug we did not prioritize because people zoned so fast they couldn't plug. It's still going to be done. Like any managed project we have priorities. Still today half the time when someone tries to zone they just LD in the process.

We've spent 1000 hours fixing over 1500 bugs in mainline EQEmu, and quests all while developing and releasing expansions at a breakneck pace. We've had a few regressions mainly because we've reached out and helped other projects in the community with hosting and code (all for free.)

"They wanted to get feature set from us" - I asked originally how anti-plug was done, and if you want to use it as your only badge of honor now that's fine. You have MQ2 protection that doesn't work, no offset detection, no modified zone detection, no modified spell file detection, slow load times, and you're hosted in a garage on presumably, a gaming PC in California so everyone on the east coast has a shit ping. I advised against all of this but you did not listen and instead decided to gaslight me. Offering early access for pay under the dubious pretenses of wanting to use a gaming rig instead of a server was really the last straw for me. On top of offering people items for pay in previous seasons, It was a clear attempt to abuse the trust of the community and bilk them for your gain. Additionally it's probably an illegal use of another companies IP for personal gain.

You are perceptive that I do not respect you or anyone who supports you at this point. A thief calling me a liar. You need a reality check.

Offline image

• Retired Developer
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2019, 12:42:57 pm »
You got called out for saying you have anti-plug when you don't.  You are getting really defensive over just some gossip on this forum.  It is listed as a feature ( http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41912 - under 'Features') on your server opening page on eqemu's forum.

Everyone who has spent time to fix up a server will have countless hours involved.  Many people help each other in the eqemu community, which you also did get from various members of the community to get your server up and running.  Why your code just started regressing as you claim when you help out others is another question entirely, but seems more of an internal issue with Rise of Zek that was not even being discussed here.

Offline eqpvpacct2

• In Game: : Ned
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2019, 05:05:34 pm »
Anyone know an exorcist?

Offline devn00b

• Developer
  • Forum PVP Rep: +2020/-0
  • You don't like it? Too bad.
  • In Game: : devn00b
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2019, 08:37:29 am »
All your post does renly is proved how self-absorbed and insecure you are.

Why do you care what I do with MY server? I don't owe you an explanation.

I never forced anyone to donate, I was honest with my user base, when image retired if I didn't have the hardware there would be NO server.  The server is continuing on, as promised I might add.

Ooh Ahh, you put in 1k hours...whoopity fucking doo. I myself have probably 100k hours I've been with this project since 2001 (Dec 7th, 2001 if you wanna be correct. The day after its birth) I was on the development team in 2002. I hosted the developer CVS, I hosted the website, I hosted IRC. Ooo you supplied some code. Big fucking deal. Just more of you walking around screaming how great you are, when in fact, you are a nothing, a nobody. 

I'm not sure why you feel the need to come here and start shit. Or why you feel the need to visit our discord. If you don't like me, and this is MY project now, why are you here? To start shit? Real mature. Sorry I've got better things to do than deal with a child.

If you wish to respond feel free, but follow the rules (Respect staff, No Flaming). I don't care if people disagree with me, image, or our methods, but at least act like an adult.

Offline Darksingavz

• EQPVP OGs
  • Forum PVP Rep: +17/-77
  • In Game: : Darksinga
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2019, 04:06:57 pm »
Lol. Is RoZ still going? Thought all the Devs there were on EQ2.

Anyway, had good fun on RoZ in classic. I should write a blog of all the shit I got away with on there. Good times

Offline Ebolachan

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2019, 08:46:00 pm »

Anyway, had good fun on RoZ in classic. I should write a blog of all the shit I got away with on there. Good times

There's an EQ2 server now?

Offline eqpvpacct2

• In Game: : Ned
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2019, 06:16:07 pm »

Eh, not really. The two guild rivalry that was sustaining it has ended.

It's sort of on the decline, now just waiting for one guild to farm all of the pixels in Velious, which is in the process of being opened up rather slowly (not a good way to launch an expansion).  Only Iceclad, Great Divide, Velks, EW, Kael Drakkal, Wakening Lands, Thurgadin A and B, and ToFS are currently open. So it's a very boring and droll launch to an expansion, instead of the blast of immersion and adventure that typically comes with a full expansion launch.

Some have theorized that Renly's plan is to slowly release Velious zones to buy time, delaying the server EOL until it coincides with the launch of WoW classic.

Offline image

• Retired Developer
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2019, 07:16:01 am »
It's sort of on the decline

When you find out the secret to keeping PVP based MMORPG servers indefinitely alive, let me know.  I imagine papers are probably written up on this kind of shit cause these communities rip themselves apart.